This simple yet tasty recipe was given to me by a friend a number of years ago. It is a favorite in my family, and I hope that you will enjoy it too.
- 3 to 3 1/2 lb boneless beef chuck roast
- 1 onion, sliced (optional)
- 2/3 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 – 6 oz. can tomato paste
- 1/3 cup water
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 3 tbsp. chili powder
- 1 tbsp. gluten-free Worchestershire sauce
- 1 tsp. dry mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Trim excess fat from roast. If desired, place onion and then the beef roast in a slow cooker, cutting meat to fit if necessary. In a small bowl combine brown sugar, tomato paste, water, vinegar, chili powder, Worchestershire sauce, dry mustard, and salt. Pour over meat in cooker.
- Cover and cook on low heat setting for 10-12 hours or on high heat setting for 5-6 hours. Remove meat from slow cooker, reserving sauce in cooker. Slice or shred meat using 2 forks. Return meat to cooker.
- Serve BBQ on GF rolls.