Fresh Fruit Trifle

These fresh fruit trifles have become an expected dessert when either my Mom or I are invited to a get together. You can use any flavour of cake or pudding, as well as any fresh fruit that is in season. It is simply a layered dessert with cake (can be made from a cake mix, making it super simple), pudding (can also be made from a packet), whipped cream (you could use Cool Whip), and any fresh fruit you have on hand. This dessert is best made up to a day ahead, so that the cake has a chance to get moister from the pudding & whipped cream topping.

Comments

1. Alanna @ Kitchen Parade says

Absolutely beautiful! I’ve only done trifle at Christmas, so wintery versions. Clearly, my big mistake!

2. Natasha says

I’m not much of a baker, so I’ve been toying with the idea of experimenting with trifle as it seems like an easy yet tasty way out for dessert. I’ll definitely try making this one!

HoneyB, the pleasure was all mine! I love visiting your blog and seeing what you're cookin' for Grumpy. :)

Alanna, you have DEFINITELY got to take advantage of the fresh fruit in summer and give a fruit trifle a try, it's so yummy! Like having cake & a fruit salad all at once.

Natasha, if you can bake a cake from a boxed cake mix, you can do a trifle! It is that simple!

Jamie – Thank you, I enjoyed your site as well. :)

Y – That is one large glass pail that I make my trifle in, but it was brought to a family gathering, and it never lasts long there!

5. Bronwyn says

Wow, that’s colossal! Does everyone just get to dig in with spoons? Seems like the easiest thing to do :). And it’s very beautiful on top, too. Thanks for checking out my blog! Looks like you’ve got a lot of fun recipes to try here! I’ll be back ;).

LOL, Bronwyn, nope, we do all scoop a good sized helping onto our own plates though. Although, I do like the idea of everyone just digging in, would cut down on the need for dessert plates! :)