I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again. Salads that can be thrown together, using whatever you have in the fridge or garden at the time, are the PERFECT summertime meal! this salad will make a great lunch or light supper. The combination of chicken with the celery, pepper, blueberries and lemon yogurt were really, really good. I think this recipe could be tweaked a bit more, creating new versions. I really enjoyed the use of blueberries in this dish though. Delicious!
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 2 cups cubed cooked chicken breast
- 3/4 cup chopped celery
- 1/2 cup diced sweet red pepper
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced green onions
- 1 (6 ounce) container lemon yogurt
- 3 Tbsp mayonnaise
- 1/2 tsp salt
- Bibb lettuce leaves
- Set aside a few blueberries for garnish. In a large bowl, gently combine the chicken, celery, red pepper, onions and remaining blueberries.
- Combine the yogurt, mayonnaise and salt; drizzle over chicken mixture and gently toss to coat.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes. Serve on lettuce-lined plates if desired. Top with reserved blueberries.