Salsa Chicken

I love making chicken dishes for supper. The only thing better, is a chicken dish that takes very little time. :) This flavourful salsa chicken takes only a few minutes to prep before you put it in the oven and get the rest of your supper going. It tastes great, and was very moist as well. Definitely a recipe to keep in mind when you don’t have enough time to marinade, bread or fry your chicken. Sprinkle it with the seasoning, top it with salsa, and bake it. When it is finished baking, you top it with cheese and put it back in the oven just long enough for the cheese to melt. Goes great with Mexican Rice or Mexican-Style Baked Potatoes.

Comments

1. Anonymous New York says

I love cooking with salsa! So easy and so tasty. I pretty much mixed everything with salsa (eggs, pasta, chicken) when I was a single girl cooking for one! My husband is a bit more picky, so I have to sneak it in there. 😉

2. betty r says

Yum yum! Another fantastic chicken recipe Jeanine! Your family must come to the table with great expectations and it doesn’t look like you disappoint them!

3. Anneliese says

This looks delicious! It looks like you rolled the chicken breast? I will want to try this, especially because it’s easy.

Thanks, Anneliese! Nope, no rolling it just take the whole boneless, skinless chicken breast, sprinkle on the taco seasoning, dump on the salsa & bake! :)

5. Anonymous says

hi there..seems like food will turn out yummy :)
    did you have to thaw the chicken before marinate and bake?

I am newly married and with very lil experience in actual cooking. I am more of a quick microwave type of person but want to make something nice on weekend.

thanks for your attention!

Maria

Maria, I actually did this from frozen chicken. Just sprinkled each side with taco seasoning, and go from there. :) Your husband will be impressed! Congrats on the new marriage!

7. Babette says

This is fabulous! I have tried your Rosemary Ranch Chicken Kabobs and you are 2 for 2 on great recipes. I am going to try the Majeto chicken next. Thanks for the blog!

Babette, I'm so glad that you are liking the recipes here! I LOVED both of those recipes, and the mojito chicken as well. YUM! Just you wait…I made Sweet & Sour chicken balls this past weekend…gluten-free, and the BEST that any of us has ever had! Hopefully I'll get a chance to post it in the next week or so. :)

9. Cammycap says

I made this last night w fiesta rice on the back of the uncle bens whole grain brown rice box and it was a BIG HIT, you really wound never know this was a healthy meal. The chicken was so tender and flavorful and the rice was amazing.

10. Paula Rogers says

This is so fast and easy! It can be made in the crock pot. Cook on Medium for 6 hrs. We don’t add the taco seasoning and it has a milder flavor. My family loves this recipe and we have it 3 or 4 times a month!!!