Gluten-Free White Chocolate & Cranberry Cookies

I’m so tickled with myself. This recipe is one that I’ve been baking for years. I even won a cookbook at a cookie contest a few years ago with this recipe. But, those cookies were made with regular flour. I haven’t taken many of my existing recipes & switched them over to GF, but I figured I’d give this one a try. SUCCESS!

Delicious cookies that last for days on the counter in an airtight container. They were not crumbly, and I think they were even lighter than the regular version cookies. I’m quite excited about these, and hope that you will be too. The dried cranberries & white chocolate are a really great combination. I hope you add these to your GF Christmas baking!

Comments

1. Iris says

These look delicious, Jeanine. My list of “must bakes” is getting longer, thanks to you! I hope to buckle down and do some serious baking this weekend and these will definitely be on the list.

Iris, are you Christmas baking yet, or just baking? I'm hoping to start my Christmas baking, but this being my first xmas with a GF diet, I'm not sure what I'm all going to be baking yet. Do I do stuff we can all enjoy, stuff that they can enjoy, or a wee bit of both. I'm thinking some regular & some Gf…
    Any good tried & true recipes you've got for Christmas baking yet?? Send them to me!! lol

3. Maureen "Hold The Gluten" says

Congrats on successfully making these gluten free!! They look fantastic :) I am excited about baking a ton of GF cookies this month — and maybe even sharing some – ha ha.

4. Iris says

OK. These are a definite hit here. I made them this morning and can’t keep my husband and daughter out of them! I’ll be serving them at a party here tomorrow night and know I’ll be asked for the recipe. Thanks again.
    So far I haven’t tried too many other GF Christmas recipes, other than the GF ginger snaps. I do make my regular cookie press spritz recipe with GF flour, and those always turn out. Seems anything that’s mostly butter does!

Maureen – are you going to share with ME????? :)

Iris, I'm so glad that your family gave these the thumbs up. I've always loved the cranberry/white chocolate combo, and was so thrilled that these made great GF cookies. Now I need to buy more dried cranberries & white chocolate chips…I'll have to freeze the next batch so they stay longer. 😉

6. Lynryn says

These are amazing cookies! I substituted the brandy for almond/vanilla extract and added a 1/4th cup of soy flour for texture. My non-celiac friend tried one and said it tastes like a normal gluten cookie!
    Thanks for the lovely recipe!

7. Chris says

Absolutely amazing! The most fluffy gluten free cookies I have made (a relative newbie). Next year I shall bake more and freeze, and not bake separate cookies for those who can/can not eat gluten. Thank you! FYI I used egg substitute x 2.