The only thing better than a soft, chewy, gluten-free chocolate cookie is a soft, chewy, gluten-free chocolate cookie that doesn’t require you to turn on the oven! These quick and simple No-Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookies fit the bill perfectly! They are so simple to make, that they are a great project to work on with the kids, letting them stir & scoop. Feel free to add more things like shredded coconut or chopped peanuts to change up the flavour & texture.
Be sure to use certified pure oats. Although oats themselves are gluten-free, commercially produced oats are contaminated with gluten through the growing, harvesting, and processing procedures. Pure, uncontaminated oats, often available through your local health food store, are tested to ensure they do not contain any gluten.
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup creamy peanut butter (or chunky)
- 3-3 1/2 cups certified gluten-free quick-cooking oats
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Add the first four ingredients into a 4-quart sauce pan.
- Bring to a rolling boil and hold for 1 1/2 minutes.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in the next 3 ingredients and drop by tablespoons onto wax paper.
- Let cool until set.