First off, thanks to everyone for the kind comments regarding the changes that have been going on around here. So far, I’ve only heard positive things. (Yeah!) There are a few things in the works to make navigation even easier. If you ever have any suggestions of what you’d like to see here, please let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
Now onto the recipe…I LOVE Mexican food, as you may be able to tell from recipes like this, this and this. This Tex Mex Taco Dinner recipe is a perfect example of how anyone can prepare gluten-free foods. This recipe was prepared by my Mom, and as long as you make sure the ingredients you use are gluten-free, you will have a gluten-free dish in the end.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon chili powder( or to taste; I would add a bit more)
- 1 cup gluten-free chick broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cup instant rice, uncooked
- 1/2 cup Cheez Whiz
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Brown meat in large skillet.
- Add chili powder, chicken broth and water. Stir. Bring to a boil.
- Stir in rice and Cheez Whiz. Cover. Simmer on low heat for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with lettuce and tomatoes. May be served with chips.