Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll

Gluten-free Pumpkin Roll with Cream Cheese Filling | The Baking Beauties

Happy Thanksgiving to all of our Canadian readers! I hope you guys are all having a fantastic weekend with friends, family & of course…food. 😉

We had a gathering yesterday,and I brought this gluten free Pumpkin Roll for one of the desserts (sorry for the poor picture, that’s what happens when you try to get a picture before everyone eats it). :) Everyone really liked it, and the taste & texture was anything but gluten free. I had never made a roll before, and was especially worried trying to make a gluten free roll, as gluten things like to fall apart & crack, but this worked like a charm! I will definitely be giving more rolls a try now.

You can find the recipe over at Gluten-Free Homemaker.

Comments

Thanks, Genesis! If you'd want to make the roll, sub the gf flour with regular all purpose flour, and omit the xanthan gum. I bet you wish it was thanksgiving already, huh? :)

2. Susan says

Jeanine brought this dessert to our gathering yesterday and I can verify that it was delicious…thanks Jeanine..you can bring dessert anytime :0)

3. Bryn says

I haven't had one of these in YEARS!! I'm going to make it this year. thanks for sharing your recipe. I'M SO EXCITED!

4. Ruth's Photo Blog says

I have just spent some time browsing through your blog and see lots of yummy stuff.Susan,as I am also from Manitoba,we do not live that far apart.I want too just let you know I appreciate your comments left on my blog.
    Blessings,Ruth

5. Terry Lynn says

Welcome back to your blog, Jeanine!

I actually made this same roll last week but of course, not GF. It was fantastic and Ian gobbled it up VERY quickly!

6. Anonymous says

I made this for Thanksgiving and for another meeting tonight…everyone, even my sister who avoids everything gluten-free, went back for seconds!

Thank you so much for this amazing recipe!

so glad that everyone else is having success with this recipe as well. :) It's nice when no one knows they're eating gluten free, isn't it? I don't even bother saying "oh, that's gluten-free" anymore. I just put it out, make sure I can at least get a piece of my own dessert, and then share with the rest, who have no idea what they're actually eating. lol

8. Kassie says

This looks delicious :) I don't know if I can afford to make anything gluten free.. didn't realize it was so expensive! .. but wanted to try it for our pastor's wife, and this looks too good to pass up :)

9. Anonymous says

My sister and niece make these every year and I have REALLY missed them, now that I'm gluten free. I will definitely give them a try. Thanks to my sister for finding your site, it looks wonderful:)

Hi Sandy! When I was in a GF Bakery last month, they topped the carrot cake with a simple dairy free vanilla frosting, for those that could not have the cream cheese frosting. I think that would be the best bet, since most dairy free cream cheese products are full of soy. I think a recipe like this one would work quite well. It won’t be the same, but still quite good. http://www.savvyvegetarian.com/vegetarian-recipes/vanilla-buttercream-frosting.php

• Sandy F. says

That sounds great! Thanks. I used to use the Tofutti cream cheese, but in the last year have had to cut out soy, so that’s out. I’ll just use LOTS of icing. :)

• Sandy F. says

I tried this today to make sure it would work for Thanksgiving, and I haven’t tasted it yet, but it cracked quite a bit when I re-rolled it after put the icing in the middle. Any thought?

Hmm…I’m not sure why it would crack, I didn’t have that problem. Did you make any changes to the cake recipe? How long did you let it cool before re-wrapping it?

• Sandy F. says

I let it cool about 45 minutes – perhaps I was too anxious…. :) We just tasted it, though, and it is delicious.