Wow, what a warm summer we’re having this year. I’m not complaining though, just enjoying it. Last summer we didn’t really have warm weather to enjoy until September, when the kids were back in school. This year, we’ve been finding ways to stay cool, and enjoying the warmth that this summer has to offer. The kids have been splashing in the pool & playing on the slip & slide a lot more this summer, which is nice.
One of the treats we’ve enjoyed this summer is this Sour Cream Ice Cream that my Mom made when we went for a visit. This ice cream tastes a lot like a frozen cheesecake. So good! Top it with any of your favorite fresh fruits, and you have the perfect summertime treat.
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 cup half and half cream
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- splash of vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- pinch of salt
- 1 1/2 tablespoons instant vanilla pudding mix (dry)
- Combine all ingredients & blend in blender for a few minutes.
- Freeze in an ice cream maker, according to manufacturers directions.
- Freeze until ready to serve. Top with fresh fruit before serving.