Fabulous Fruit Dip

Fabulous Fruit Dip | The Baking Beauties
The other day I was looking for a fruit dip. While we were at the grocery store, my boy asked if we could buy a pineapple. Both he and my daughter pick pineapple off of their pizza, so I thought…sure! Then you can eat pineapple, and see that it really is good. Mind you, the stuff from a can doesn’t hold a candle to the fresh cut fruit, so I guess I can’t blame him. When he tried the fresh pineapple, he said it was delicious! When I asked him why he picked pineapple of his pizza just the day before, he told me that pineapple just doesn’t belong on pizza. Guess I can’t argue with that reasoning. :)

So, back to this Fabulous Fruit Dip. I wanted to make something that was quick to make, but didn’t require cream cheese or marshmallow fluff. I wanted the fruit to take center stage, not the dip. I found a recipe and modified it to make it even healthier, and we all enjoyed it. In fact, the fruit platter was empty by the time we were finished, as was the bowl. Delicious, and you won’t believe how easy it is to mix together.

Fabulous Fruit Dip
Author:

A very simple, delicious fruit dip that doesn't add a lot of calories to your fruit.
Ingredients
  • 1 cup sour cream (I used low fat, up to you though)
  • 1/2 cup maple syrup
  • 3 teaspoons vanilla
Instructions
  1. Combine all ingredients, and enjoy. That simple. Enjoy dipping pineapple, apples, bananas, grapes, etc. To keep the apples & bananas from turning brown, soak them in a water with a few tablespoons of lemon juice after cutting. Drain before serving.

I am also linking this recipe to Amy of Simply Sugar and Gluten Free‘s Slightly Indulgent Tuesday round up. Be sure to hop over there and see what a number of other bloggers have contributed this week.

Comments

1. betty r says

Jeanine, that is one delicious looking dip and so simple to make! I love fresh pineapple and I see pomegranate seeds on your platter too..yummy!
    Btw..I agree with your son..pineapple doesn't really belong on pizza:)

2. Paul says

We make some fun gluten free pizzas from scratch and I have to say that depending on the batch, those canned pineapple chunks don't always smell so great … I always feel a bit bad when I pass by those big beautiful fresh ones in the produce isle.

… wow, I think I actually have a pineapple complex!

3. Tasty Eats At Home says

This dip would be well-received by our kids, I think. But I disagree with your son – pineapple (with ham) on pizza is AWESOME!

Yes, Betty, the pomegranates have become a staple (while they're in season) in our house. The kids still don't like them, but we sure do! So pretty too. :)

Paul, you sound like a pineapple snob…but that's not a bad thing. The canned is alright, but once you've had a nice fresh one, they really don't compare. I just have such a hard time knowing when they are ripe.

Cinde, I agree, we use a very smokey turkey breast (we don't eat pork) and pineapple, green pepper…such a nice, simple, quick pizza.

@Paul Oh, it's not a bad thing. The pineapples in the store are so good right now, our family eats it in one sitting, we never have to worry about storing it in the fridge.

We'll enjoy it while it's in season, and then we'll go back to the canned stuff. 😛

6. Michelle says

I was looking for a lighter dish I could bring to a gathering and this fit the bill. Nice and easy and it uses ingredients I normally have on hand. Can't beat that. Tasty! Thanks for sharing!