Gluten Free Chicken Stir Fry
Author: Jeanine Friesen
No need to lament over not being able to enjoy take-out anymore. This Gluten-free Chicken Stir Fry is so quick to make, you'll be ready to eat in no time.
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 2 tablespoons gluten free soy sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3 tablespoons oil, divided
- 2 cups broccoli florets
- 1 cup bean sprouts
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1 cup thinly sliced carrots
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 2 cups water
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free chicken bouillon granules
- 1/2 cup gluten free soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- Cut chicken into 1/2-inch strips; place in a resealable plastic bag. Combine soy sauce, ground ginger and garlic powder. Add to bag and shake well. Let marinade, in refrigerator, for at least 30 minutes.
- In a large skillet or wok, heat 2 Tbsp of oil, stir-fry the chicken until no longer pink, about 3-5 minutes. Remove and keep warm.
- Add the remaining oil and stir-fry the broccoli, bean sprouts, red pepper, carrots, onion and garlic for 4-5 minutes, or until crisp-tender. Return chicken to the wok.
- In a large measuring cup, combine the water, chicken bouillon, soy sauce and cornstarch. Pour into wok and continue stirring until the sauce thickens and is bubbly.
- Serve over rice noodles or rice.