Gluten-Free Christmas Baking Begins - Chocolate Crinkle Cookies
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted (or 4 tablespoons cocoa mixed with 12 tablespoons melted butter)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rice flour mix *See Note
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- confectioner ' (icing) sugar for rolling
- Mix oil, chocolate, and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each. Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Stir into chocolate mixture. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Form dough into balls and roll in confectioner's sugar to coat.
- Place about 2" apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake about 10-14 minutes.
* NOTE: Rice flour mix - 2 cups rice flour, 2/3 cups potato starch, 1/3 cup tapioca starch.
Source: Hey That Tastes Good
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2008/12/gluten-free-christmas-baking-begins-chocolate-crinkle-cookies.html