Gluten-Free Lemon Poppy Seed Loaf
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 6 Tbsp vegetable oil
- 2 eggs
- 1 1/2 cups rice flour mix (see Note below)
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp xanthan gum
- pinch of salt
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 1 lemon
- 3 Tbsp poppy seeds
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- Combine the first 4 ingredients in the bowl of an electric mixer and mix well.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and mix just until combined.
- Pour into a greased loaf pan, and bake 35-45 minutes at 350 degrees F, until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Cool.
- Brush glaze on loaf.
- Combine in a saucepan, and cook over medium heat until sugar is dissolved. Can be made in advance and reheated.
Rice flour mix is as follows - 1 cup brown rice flour, 1 cup white rice flour, 2/3 cup potato starch and 1/3 cup tapioca starch.
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2009/03/gluten-free-lemon-poppy-seed-loaf.html