Sweet & Sour Pork
- 1 lb boneless pork, fat removed
- 1 large red or green pepper
- 1 cup sliced carrots
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 1/3 cup vinegar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons gluten-free soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- Brown pork, which has been cut into bite size pieces, in 1 Tbsp oil. Set aside.
- In a large skillet, cook carrots, pepper, mushrooms and garlic in remaining oil.
- Mix together vinegar, brown sugar, soy sauce and 1 cup chicken broth. Blend together. Bring to a boil.
- Blend together remaining 1/2 cup chicken broth and 2 Tbsp cornstarch. Slowly add to brown sugar mixture and boil till thickened.
- Add pork to vegetable mixture and pour sauce over and simmer for 15 minutes.
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2009/03/sweet-sour-pork.html