Gluten-free Chocolate Oatmeal Chews
- 3/4 cup margarine
- 1 cup lightly packed brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cup featherlight flour mix (see note)
- 1 1/2 cups gluten-free quick cooking rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 cup milk chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Cream margarine and sugar.
- Combine flour, oats, baking soda and salt.
- Add dry ingredients to creamed mixture, mix well.
- Set aside 1 1/2 cups of mixture. Press remainder on greased 9x13-inch pan.
- Sprinkle marshmallows and chocolate chips and crumble mixture on top.
- Bake in preheated oven for 18 minutes.
- Cool & cut into squares.
The featherlight flour mix is from Bette Hagman. It is 3 cups rice flour, 3 cups tapioca starch, 3 cups cornstarch, 3 tablespoons potato flour (not starch).
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2009/05/chocolate-oatmeal-chews.html