Gluten Free Confetti Cupcakes with Cocoa Whipped Cream Icing
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon almond extract
- 6 tablespoons canola oil
- 1/2 cup white rice flour
- 1/3 cup plus 1 Tbsp tapioca starch
- 1/3 cup potato starch
- 1/4 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles (check to make sure they are gluten free)
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 2 Tbsp confectioners' sugar
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp cocoa powder
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prepare muffin pan (I lined mine with papers, and had absolutely no sticking).
- In a small bowl combine eggs, milk, extracts, and oil. Mix. Set aside.
- In a medium/large bowl, combine white rice flour, tapioca starch, potato starch, xanthan gum, sugar, salt & baking powder. Stir to mix well.
- Stir the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, mixing only until combined. Gently stir in sprinkles (so they don't dissolve).
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins. Bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until toothpick inserted into the middle of a cupcake comes out clean.
- Let pan cool on a wire rack for 10 minute. Remove cupcakes from muffin tin.
- Cool & frost as desired.
- Beat cream until slightly thickened.
- Gradually add the sugar, vanilla and cocoa. Beat until stiff peaks form.
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2010/03/gluten-free-confetti-cupcakes-with-cocoa-whipped-cream-icing.html