Strawberry, Balsamic Vinegar and Black Pepper Jam
- 6 cups of strawberries, washed, hulled and cut up
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons Balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper (or up to a tsp if your pepper isn't very hot)
- 1-57 gram package of pectin (powder form)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Place berries in a large pot. Mash using a potato masher.
- Mix 1/2 cup granulated sugar and package of pectin. Stir into berries.
- While stirring constantly, bring the mixture up to a boil.
- Add the remaining 2 1/2 cups of granulated sugar, and bring back up to a boil. Allow mixture to boil hard for 1 minute.
- Stir in butter until melted. Stir in Balsamic vinegar and black pepper.
- Pour hot jam into clean, sterilized jars and either process in a hot water bath, or allow to cool completely before placing in the freezer.
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2011/08/3688.html