Greek Quinoa Salad
- 2 cups gluten-free chicken broth
- 1 cup quinoa (rinsed and drained, if necessary)
- 1/2 cup red pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup green pepper, diced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, diced
- 1/4 cup green oninos, diced
- 1/4 cup black olives
- 1/4 cup red onion, diced
- 3 ounces reduced-fat feta cheese
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried basil
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- In a saucepan, bring stock to a boil.
- Stir in quinoa.
- Reduce heat to medium-low and cover.
- Cook until the liquid is absorbed (about 15-25 minutes).
- Transfer to a large bowl and cool.
- Stir vegetables and cheese into cooled quinoa.
- Whisk together the dressing ingredients.
- Pour over quinoa mixture and toss.
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2011/01/greek-quinoa-salad.html