Cheese Stuffed Turkey Meatloaf
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 1 1/4 pounds ground turkey
- 1/2 cup bread crumbs
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup milk
- 1/4 cup celery, finely diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 3 tablespoon cream cheese, softened
- 3 teaspoons dried cranberries, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons chives, finely chopped
- 1 cup whole cranberry sauce, divided
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, bread, egg, milk, celery, parsley, onion powder, poultry seasoning, and salt and pepper to your liking. Set aside.
- In a small bowl, stir together the softened cream cheese (microwave for a few seconds, if necessary), dried cranberries and chives. Set aside.
- Grease four 6-ounce ramekins with oil. Spread 1/8 of the turkey mixture into the bottom of each ramekin (using 1/2 the meat mixture for the 4 ramekins).
- Place 1 Tbsp of the cream cheese mixture in the middle of each meatloaf. Top with remaining turkey mixture.
- Spoon 2 Tbsp. of cranberry sauce on top of each meatloaf, spreading to cover the top.
- Place ramekins on baking sheet, and bake in preheated oven for 25-30 minutes, or until done.
- Once you remove the meatloaf from the oven, let sit in ramekins for 5 minutes before removing to serving plate. Top each meatloaf with another 2 Tbsp of warmed up cranberry sauce before serving.
- Garnish with chives. (optional) Enjoy!
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2011/05/cheese-stuffed-turkey-meatloaf.html