Gluten Free Corn Dog Muffins
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 6 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1/3 cup brown sugar, packed
- 2 large eggs
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 3/4 cup cornmeal
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 4 gluten-free hot dogs, cut into 3/4" slices
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease your muffin tin.
- Whisk together the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and buttermilk.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cornmeal, rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt. Stir in the shredded cheese and sliced hot dogs.
- Pour the wet ingredients over the dry ingredients, and stir to combine.
- Scoop into prepared muffin tins and bake in preheated oven for 18-20 minutes, or until the tops of the muffins bounce back when gently pressed.
- Allow muffins to cool completely before storing in an air tight container. These muffins freeze well.
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2013/09/gluten-free-corn-do-muffins.html