Gluten Free Pizza Muffins
Author: Jeanine Friesen
- 2/3 cup sorghum flour
- 2/3 cup brown rice flour
- 2/3 cup tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 cup tiny cubes cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup finely chopped pepper (red or green)
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced gluten-free pepperoni
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 large eggs
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/2 cup pizza sauce, divided
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. Line muffin tins with paper liners.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, rice flour, tapioca starch, xanthan gum, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, salt, and Italian seasoning.
- Stir in the cubes of cheddar cheese, Parmesan cheese, and chopped pepperoni.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the sour cream, eggs, melted butter, and 1/4 cup pizza sauce. Stir into the dry ingredients.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared muffin tins. Spoon 1 teaspoon of the remaining pizza sauce onto the top of each muffin, and sprinkle with a tiny bit of shredded mozzarella cheese.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Allow muffins to cool for 5 minutes before removing to a cooling rack. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container and refrigerating or freezing.
Recipe by Faithfully Gluten Free at http://www.faithfullyglutenfree.com/2013/09/gluten-free-pizza-muffins.html