Thin, Crisp Gluten-Free Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Only 13 days until Christmas! Holiday baking is happening! This week The Baking Beauties will be posting cookie recipes everyday to help get you going in the kitchen. Today’s recipe is for a thin, crisp gluten-free chocolate chip cookie. I do have a soft oatmeal chocolate chip cookie that I love, but sometimes, you want something with some crunch to it. That is where this cookie comes in. On another note, you could exclude the chocolate chips, and have just a great crisp oatmeal cookie.

Looking for more Gluten-Free Christmas recipes? Be sure to check out the FREE Holiday Baking E-Book of recipes that were submitted by fellow bloggers, readers & myself last year.

Also, you can take a look at the 2010 Holiday Baking Round-Up post that I did last year.

Happy Holiday Baking!

Comments

1. Betty Reimer says

What a beautiful photo, Jeanine! I can almost taste the crunch of this cookie.
    If I had to go GF I would know where I could find my bakery:)

2. Lynn says

I just made these cookies, using leftover Pamela’s Pancake Mix for the flour. I used the same amount of leavening and xanthan gum called for, even though there is a bit in the mix already. I also had to bake for 14min on my papered airbake pan to get them browned a bit. These are AMAZING. Crispy all the way through. I am *not* gf, and I can’t stand a lot of the stuff I bake for my kids, even though they love it. Having these cookies in the house will be dangerous for me, because they are that good, even to someone who can have gluten. Thanks so much!

3. genny carr says

I made these gf oatmeal cookies and used raisins. They are definitely a 10 out of 10! I have tried so many recipes for gf oatmeal cookies and they were all failures or disgusting. I cannot believe this one – absolutely delicious!!!

4. Kathi says

I really want to make these cookies. However, I am allergic to potato starch and sugar. I thought I would try the chicory root sweetener in regular and brown. Can you recommend a mixture for a gf flour blend that does not include potato starch?
    Thank you so much!

Kathi, I haven’t tried it, but you could try using cornstarch in place of the potato starch. If you try it, please report back with your results, sounds like something someone else could benefit from as well.

5. Darlene says

We had to go GF this year and finding your website and book thrills me beyond. Can’t wait to try these. My GF neighbors will be thrilled to have more choices this year besides my peppermint almond bark. Oh what fun it’s to be. Thanks.

6. Sheryl says

I just made these cookies and they are fantastic. I prefer a crispy cookie over a soft chewy one any day. Since going gluten free, I have been struggling to rebuild my basic recipes, and had not found a cookie like this one. Thank you so much! I look forward to exploring your site and trying many more recipes.