Gluten-free Oatmeal Blender Pancakes

TGIF! We’ve made it to another weekend! On the weekends I love having breakfast that does not consist of cold cereal. Nearly every weekend, we have pancakes. I do, however, try to change it up a bit, adding fruit one time, chocolate chips another. Topping them with homemade syrup, or apple sauce. We’re not usually eating the EXACT same thing each weekend. But, I also like to change up the pancakes that we eat, playing with new recipes, tweaking and changing things along the way. These pancakes are super simple to put together, and healthy to boot! All you need is a blender, and a frying pan, and you’re set to have a great hot breakfast in no time.

Comments

1. Margaret A. Massey says

Thanks. Will have to freeze some for later but this is the first time I am really hungry for pancakes in a long time. ~ Margaret

• Jeanine says

I’m sure you can freeze them individually and take out what you need, although I’ve never tried it, leftover pancakes is never an issue here. :)

2. K. Cooper says

This is perfect! We need a quick lunch and I’ve got the ingredients (except for the chia seeds, but we’ll make it). Pancakes for lunch it is!

• Jeanine says

Awesome, let me know your thoughts, Meredith!

For those that are making them, but sure to blend for 2 minutes! If you skimp on the blender time, your mixture may not be thick enough!

• Jeanine says

If you make 10 pancakes with this recipe, it is about 120 calories per pancake (according the the calorie calculator on SparkRecipes.com )

• Jeanine says

Awesome!! Thanks for the feedback, Sharleen! It’s always great to hear how recipes work (or don’t work sometimes) for others. Glad that they were a hit!

3. Lindsay says

Just wondering if you could use 1 T. ground flaxseed in place of the chia seeds… would flax be a good substitute? Will it compromise the texture of the pancakes?

• Jeanine says

I think ground flaxseed would be a great substitute for the chia seeds, and it should not affect the batter either. Enjoy!

4. Dee Johnson says

Made these today and they are so delicious! Because it has a banana in it, they almost taste like banana bread. I thought next time I could add some blueberries… or nuts… or chocolate chips. :) Love how easy these are. <3

• Jeanine says

Oh…now you’re thinking! :) might work best to sprinkle those on after pouring the batter though. But they’d be tasty!

5. GwenH says

Thank-you Jeanine, these were awesome pancakes!!!! I didn’t have buttermilk so I just used milk with lemon juice, and used a little more ground flaxseed. We had homemade cherry syrup on them.
    Next time I make them I’ll put in some blueberries… I didn’t think of it today… love blueberries in my pancakes.

6. Lisa says

I just found your site and am in LOVE. Making the oatmeal blender pancakes for Sunday Brunch with a Rhubarb syrup for my darling hubby who loves Rhubarb. Thanks so much for posting so many delicious recipes!

7. Katharina says

We make these all the time. They are the best. We are adding frozen cherries or blueberries right into the batter in the pan.

But my baby is allergic to bananas. What you be a good substitute/adjustment?

Thanks.

Mmm… berries are a great idea, Katharina! I’m not sure how you’d sub the banana though. Maybe apple sauce (less amount than banana though), it’s really hard to say. sorry!