Mmm…can you smell them? The cinnamon, ginger, cloves and nutmeg will make things that much better on a weekend morning. So, what are you waiting for? With a few simple steps, you can be enjoying these for breakfast today.
- 1 1/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (see note)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/3 cup milk (start with 1 cup, and add the extra 1/3 cup if needed to make a thinner batter)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 large egg, slightly beaten
The flour blend I used is 4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (not flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch. Combine all ingredients in a large zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended.
Source: Based on a recipe from Cinnamon Spice & Everything Nice