I know I teased some of you on the Baking Beauties Facebook page with these gluten-free Mocah Waffles a long time ago, but then I got side tracked and nearly forgot about them. I say nearly, because well, how could you forget something so delicious?
These waffles have a beautiful chocolate/coffee flavour to them, they are super easy to make, and are nice and light. What more could you want? Another cherry? 🙂
- 2 1/4 cups all purpose gluten-free flour (see Note)
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon espresso powder
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- In a large mixing bowl, combine all the dry ingredients. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk together the wet ingredients. Pour into the dry ingredients, and stir until smooth.
- Pour batter into preheated waffle iron, and bake according to manufacturer's instructions.
4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (not flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch. Combine all ingredients in a large zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended.