An easy no-bake dessert option, this Gluten Free Pink Lemonade Pie is fabulous as is, or you can freeze it for a great frozen treat.
It is 03/14/15. Happy Pi Day! Pi , the ratio of a circle’s circumference to its diameter, is 3.14159265359. Yes, I had to look that up. My 12 year old? She’s been jabbering numbers all week – she can recite pi up to the 15th digit from memory. What can I say? She’s influenced by movies.
In the food community, it’s known as “Pie Day” though. Hey, any excuse for pie, right? So, to celebrate Pie day, I’ve whipped up this little ditty – an easy, no-bake Pink Lemonade Pie that literally takes 15 minutes to put together. Then, you just refrigerate or freeze it until it’s time to slice and enjoy it.
- 1 1/2 cups finely crushed gluten free vanilla cookies (I used THESE
- 1/4 (60 ml) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 g) unsalted butter, melted
- 1 1/2 cups (375 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 8 oz (250 g) cream cheese, softened
- 1-14 oz (300 ml) tin of sweetened condensed milk
- 6 oz (180 ml) pink lemonade concentrate, thawed
- 2-3 drops pink colour (optional)
- additional whipped cream and lemon slices for garnish
- Mix the crushed cookies, sugar, and melted butter until it is evenly blended, and resembles wet sand. Firmly press the mixture into the bottom and up the sides of a lightly oiled pie plate (I used a 9 1/2-inch plate). Using the flat bottom of a cup or measuring cup helps ensure an even crust.
- Refrigerate the crust while preparing the filling.
- Use an electric mixer to beat the heavy whipping cream until stiff peaks form. Set aside.
- In a separate bowl, beat the cream cheese until smooth.
- Add the sweetened condensed milk and beat until no lumps remain.
- Beat in the thawed juice concentrate.
- Using a rubber scraper, stir about 1 cup of the whipped cream into the cream cheese mixture. Once that has been stirred in, fold in the remaining whipped cream.
- Pour the filling into the prepared pie crust and refrigerate for at least 4 hours before serving. The pie may also be frozen for a refreshing ice cream pie, just remove from the freezer 10 minutes before serving.
- Garnish with additional whipped cream and lemon slices before serving (optional)
Want more pies? Here’s some fabulous gluten free pie recipes from some of my friends who are also celebrating Pi Day.
Gluten-Free Peanut Butter Pie from Flippin’ Delicious
Grain Free White Chocolate Matcha Pie from The Joyful Foodie
Gluten-Free Coconut Cream Pie from What the Fork Food Blog
Deep Dish Gluten-Free Apple Pie from Raia’s Recipes
Gluten-Free Chocolate Bar Pie from There is Life After Wheat
Gluten-Free Vegan Strawberry Pop Tarts from Allergy Free Alaska
Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Hand Pies from My Gluten-Free Kitchen
Gluten Free (and other allergen-free) Crustless Apple Pie from Gluten Free Easily
Gluten Free Red, White & Chocolate Pie from In Johnna’s Kitchen
Raw Grasshopper Ice Cream Pie (paleo) from Unconventional Baker
Gluten Free Strawberry Rhubarb Pie from Gluten-Free Homemaker