Improve your pizza night by adding this Gourmet Chicken Pizza to the rotation. It uses prepared salad dressing for the sauce, so it’s perfect for those that don’t like the standard tomato pizza sauce.
There was a stretch of my life that pizza was not a treat for me. I finally figured out that it was the sauce – some store-bought pizzas had so much sauce on them, and I found it too strong. My view on pizza changed after realizing that I could put different sauces on my homemade pizza to change things up.
Using prepared salad dressing, either Ranch or Caesar dressing, make pizza night even easier. It allows you to make a variety of pizzas so that there is something for everyone, even those that don’t like tomato sauce.
This Gourmet Chicken Pizza, topped with a creamy salad dressing and chicken, is a favourite of everyone in our family.
Tips for the perfect gluten free crust for your Gourmet Chicken Pizza:
- This pizza is great on a Crisp Gluten Free Pizza Crust
- If you’re looking for a Chewy Gluten Free Pizza Crust, give this recipe a try
- You can prepare your gluten free pizza crusts ahead of time. Either the crisp, or the chewy crust, can be prepared ahead of time. Form the crust, let them rise, and prebake the crusts for 12 minutes. At this point, you can let them cool completely, wrap in plastic wrap with parchment paper between the crusts, and freeze them. When you are ready for pizza night, pull out the frozen pre-baked crusts, top with your favourite pizza toppings, and bake until hot and bubbly.
- 2 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves, cut into small cubes
- 1 prepared gluten free pizza crust
- 1/2 cup gluten free Ranch or Caesar salad dressing
- 2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup chopped tomatoes
- 1/2 cup chopped green onions
Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
Place chicken in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook until no longer pink, and juices run clear. Season with salt and pepper while cooking the chicken. Let the chicken cool while you prepare you other toppings.
Place the pre-baked pizza crust onto the prepared pan or baking sheet.
Spread the salad dressing over partially baked crust. Sprinkle on mozzarella cheese. Place tomatoes, green onion, and chicken on top of mozzarella cheese.
Bake in the preheated oven for about 15 minutes, until cheese is melted and bubbly.
Images were updated March 2018.