This continues with my confession that I gave last time. I still have a problem with mushroom texture. Yep, I’m not a fan of it. Kinda rubbery. I ate this Russian Mushroom and Potato Soup, and enjoyed it too, but I let my kids pick the mushrooms out.
First off, the mushrooms that I used were an “Exotic Medley” of Shitake, Oyster, Portabella & Button. There is a mushroom grower nearby, Loveday Mushroom Farms. So, finding nice fresh mushrooms here isn’t a problem.
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (or butter)
- 2 leeks, chopped
- 2 carrots, sliced
- 6 cups low sodium gluten-free chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons dried dill weed
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 bay leaf
- 2 pounds potatoes, peeled & diced
- 1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup sour cream (or half and half)
- fresh dill weed, for garnish (optional)
Adapted from Allrecipes.com