These Cheesy Ranch Roasted Potatoes are the perfect side for your summer meals. Tender roasted potatoes with Parmesan, Romano, and Cheddar cheeses, coated with creamy ranch dressing, and topped with more cheese. What’s not to love?
Even though the kids have been off of school for nearly two weeks, I still feel we haven’t gotten into our usual lazy summer mode yet. It seems most of the days have been busy. Days like that call for really easy, quick meals, like these Cheesy Roasted Ranch Potatoes. They were a perfect side to some grilled steak the other night.
I almost felt like we cheated making them, because this easy side dish starts with a Little Potato Company Microwave Ready pack. If you haven’t tried their microwave ready, or BBQ ready packs yet, you should. It takes nearly no effort, or time, to make a great side dish, and they are all labeled ‘gluten free’ too. I find the ready-to-cook packs in the refrigerated area of my produce section.
Like I said, we haven’t found a routine yet this summer, but once we do, I intend to have the kids cook supper one day a week. Right from planning and grocery shopping to washing the dishes. Since we haven’t had time to actually sit down and plan everything out yet, I instead gave my daughter this recipe to make for dinner the other night. This recipe is really so easy, a kid can make it. She had no problems following my instructions from beginning to end, and she was proud of herself for contributing to our dinner table.
Now we just need to build on this – I’m sure the kids would be willing to make dinner one night a week, it’s Mom’s patience that need work. I don’t mind sharing dish washing duty with everyone, but I really do like working in the kitchen by myself. I guess it’s time for me to grow and let go.
I really hope you’ll give these Cheesy Ranch Roasted Potatoes a try. Besides being really easy to prepare, they also taste great. The flavours of the cheeses and ranch dressing, topped with the crunch of the crushed crackers is really, really good.
- 1 (1 lb, 454 g) Little Potato Company Three Cheese Microwave Ready Kit
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) gluten free ranch dressing
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons (30 ml) crushed gluten-free crackers (I used Breton Original with Flax)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) grated cheddar cheese
- Chopped chives or onion green for garnish (optional)
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees F (204 degrees C).
- Cook the Little Potatoes according to package directions, by removing the cardboard sleeve and seasoning packet, and microwaving for 5 minutes. After the potatoes have sat for 2 minutes, carefully remove the plastic film, stir in the supplied seasoning packet, ranch dressing, and garlic powder, until coated.
- Pour the potatoes into a shallow baking dish, so that the potatoes are in one layer. Sprinkle the crushed cracker crumbs evenly over the top.
- Bake in the preheated oven, uncovered, for 20 minutes. Sprinkle with the cheese, and return to the oven just until the cheese is melted.
- Sprinkle with chives or onion greens before serving. Enjoy!
Disclosure: This recipe was developed as part of my ongoing partnership with the Little Potato Company. All opinions expressed are completely my own.