Are you wanting to make your favorite Mexican dish, only to find you are out of taco seasoning? You don’t need a trip to the store, you can mix up your own seasoning with spices you have on hand!
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- In a small bowl, mix together chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, red pepper flakes, oregano, paprika, cumin, salt and pepper. Store in an airtight container.
Sandra ;) says
OOOoOOOO you’ve just given me an idea – a girlfriend of mine really enjoys Mexican food. When we get together, we make what we call a “Mexican Fiesta” – nachos and Spanish rice and tacos etc. I’m going to make a big batch of this seasoning, and give her a jar of it as a little gift the next time I see her! I’ve been buying and using canning jars for food storage for a while now, so one of the small 250 ml jars would be perfect for this – thanks for the idea!
That’s an awesome idea, Sandra! And this blend of spices tastes WAY better than the store bought packets! Have fun! 🙂
Where is everyone buying their GF spices? I have 2 grandchildren with celiac. Please let me know. I am. Ew at this. I’m in Canada if that helps.