This recipe was submitted by my Mom, Susan. I know this is a dish that my Dad really enjoys, and I hope that you will too!
- 28 oz. gluten-free baked beans
- 1 medium onion diced
- 1/2 bell pepper,diced
- 6 slices bacon, fried
- 1 1/2 tbsp chili powder
- 2 tbsp Gluten-Free Worcestershire sauce
- 4 tbsp vinegar
- 1/4 c packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 3/4 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper (optional)
- Fry bacon, onion and pepper. Drain off fat.
- Combine beans, onion, pepper, and bacon. Season with chili powder, Worchestershire sauce, vinegar, brown sugar, ketchup, garlic powder and salt. Add cayenne, if using.
- Cover and bake in oven for 1 hour at 350 degrees F. If you want it on the thick side, bake 2nd 1/2 hr uncovered. This can also be made in crockpot on high for 2-3hrs, depending how thick you like them.