I’ve also started coming up with other ways to use strawberries, and this savoury salsa fit the bill perfectly! We enjoyed ours with tortilla chips when we had grilled burgers. It is best fresh, so I would only make it 30 minutes before serving it. This salsa would be perfect served on grilled fish or chicken as well.
How do you use up your bounty of fresh berries at this time of year?
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 2 cups strawberries, cut small
- 1 jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- In a bowl, mix together the mango, strawberries, jalapeno pepper and cilantro.
- Pour the balsamic vinegar and lime juice, and stir to coat all the fruit with the juices.
- Allow to chill for 30 minutes before serving. Stir again before serving. Enjoy!
Wondering how to peel/dice a mango? Watch this video for guidance on how to chose, cut and dice a mango.