What a nice, easy, quick & tasty side dish this was. I will be keeping this recipe in my ever-growing stash. 🙂
2 tablespoons butter
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 cup long-grain white rice
2 1/2 cups gluten-free chicken broth, divided
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
2 tablespoons slivered almonds (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
2. Heat butter in a skillet; add garlic and rice and cook until both are golden brown.
3. Add 1 cup of broth and the salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil and pour into a covered casserole; bake for 25 minutes.
5. Stir in remaining 1 1/2 cups broth; top with slivered almonds; cook for another 45 minutes.
NOTE: This can be doubled without increasing the cooking time.