With Labour Day quickly approaching (who said summer could go this quickly this year??), I know that a lot of you will be firing up your grills this coming weekend. If you want to have a superb steak, you definitely need to try this flavourful Dry Steak Rub.
This rub is full of great herbs & spices, and gives a fantastic flavour to your steaks. We used to marinade all of our steaks, but this summer, we’ve been mixing up a batch of this rub whenever we grill. You mix in larger quantities, if you wanted to, but we usually do the recipe as written, or even halved, and use it all immediately.
- 1 tablespoon coarsely ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- Canola or Olive Oil
Source: Group Recipes