Take your side dish from dull to delicious with these 10 Minute Garlic Parsley Mashed Potatoes.
Mashed potatoes are my ultimate comfort food, and with the weather the way it’s been here in Manitoba the last few weeks, I can use all the comfort I can get. Although the temperatures are mild for this time of year, and we’re lucky to have not seen any snow yet, it has been so dark and gloomy for the last two weeks, that it’s really starting to get to me. I always joke that I am solar powered, I need the sun to be motivated. So, when it came time to create a recipe for the Little Potato Company, I knew it was going to be mashed potatoes, and the easier to prepare, the better.
As I was browsing all the different varietals of Creamer potatoes that they produce, I was struck with an idea to make seasoned mashed potatoes using their microwave ready trays. It really doesn’t get any easier than this. In 5 minutes, your potatoes are cooked, and the seasonings are all included. I simply had to add buttermilk and melted butter, and mash. Easy, gourmet Garlic Parsley Mashed Potatoes in 10 minutes! My family gave these mashed taters rave reviews, and said that they would be great as a Thanksgiving or Christmas side dish too. If your family loves mashed potatoes as much as mine does, or if you want to have leftovers for lunch the next day, I would recommend doubling the recipe.
- 1 tray (454 g) Little Potato Company Garlic Parsley Microwave Ready potatoes
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup (80-125 ml) buttermilk or milk
- 3 tablespoons (45 ml) melted unsalted butter
- Prepare the Garlic Parsley Microwave Ready Potatoes according to package directions.
- Once they are cooked, place the potatoes, supplied seasoning packet, buttermilk, and melted butter into a bowl with deep sides.
- Mash the potatoes until smooth. Garnish with fresh chopped parsley, and serve immediately.
If your family loves mashed potatoes as much as mine does, you may want to prepare 2 trays of Microwave Ready potatoes.
Want to WIN a month supply of Creamer potatoes from the Little Potato Company. Open to Canada & US. Enter below!
Disclosure: This recipe was developed as part of my ongoing partnership with Little Potato Company. All opinions expressed are completely my own.