Looking for a quick, impressive dessert that is also easy to take to picnics? These Gluten Free Brownie Cheesecake Bites are perfect!
I’ve discovered I’m a sucker for brownies. For some reason, I’ve never really paid attention before whether I liked cakey brownies, or fudgy brownies – as long as it was brownies, I was happy. Lately though, I’m finding that I quite enjoy a good chewy, fudgy brownie. These individual Brownie Cheesecake Bites are no exception. Inside the chewy brownie is a little chocolate chip cheesecake filling. Perfect, right?
The cheesecake does have a tendency to sink a little after it’s baked, but that just makes them the perfect little bowl for toppings. I used some fresh raspberries, which was delicious, but dare I suggest some caramel sauce? Maybe a whiskey caramel sauce? Mmm…I think that would make these the perfect gluten free dessert for a Father’s Day meal, don’t you?
- 1/4 cup (55 g) brown sugar, packed
- 3/4 cup (150 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup (39 g)cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) millet flour
- 1/4 cup (31 g) tapioca starch
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon (1.25 ml) salt
- 8 oz (250 ml) cream cheese, very soft
- 3 tablespoons (38 g) granulated sugar
- 1 egg yolk
- 1/4 cup (48 g) mini chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (170 degrees C).
- Grease the cavities of a 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- Beat together the brown sugar, 3/4 cup granulated sugar, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the cocoa powder, millet flour, tapioca starch, baking powder, xanthan gum, and salt.
- Stir the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, and divide between the 12 muffin cups.
- In a clean bowl, beat together the cream cheese, 3 tablespoons sugar, and egg yolk until it is smooth. Stir in the mini chocolate chips.
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the middle of the brownie batter, about 2 teaspoons per muffin cup.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 17-19 minutes, or until the brownies and filling have set.
- Let the brownies cool in the muffin tin for 5-10 minutes before removing them to wire cooling rack to cool completely. Once completely cooled, refrigerate in an airtight container. Let them come to room temperature before serving. Serve as is, with fruit, or with caramel sauce.