These cupcakes were SOOOO good! They were as easy and quick to make as a boxed cake mix. Although I have never tried a gluten free boxed cake mix ($5.50/box, are you kidding??), I am SURE that these were way better than a box could give you. They were light, fluffy, super chocolatey, and a real pleasure to eat. 🙂 My kids gobbled them up too, and they are not on a gf diet. I will be making these (or a variation of these) for my daughter’s kindergarten graduation (where has the year gone?). I think I will tinker with this recipe in the next few days to try to make a vanilla cupcake.
1/3 cup brown rice flour
1/3 cup tapioca flour
1/3 cup sorghum flour
1/2 tsp. xanthan gum
3/4 cup granulated sugar
1/4 cup unsweetened baking cocoa
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. baking soda
3/4 cup low fat milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
1/2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease or line your muffin tins with paper cups.
2. In a medium sized bowl, whisk together all dry ingredients.
3. Make a well in center of dry ingredients. Add milk, oil, vanilla, and beaten eggs. Whisk together in well.
4. Stir together wet ingredients with dry ingredients until fully incorporated and pour into prepared pan.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean. Do not overbake!!
6. Cool cake completely before frosting with your favorite gluten free chocolate frosting.
This is a great recipe from Carrie at GingerLemonGirl.