These fudgy gluten free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins sure don’t taste like a healthy treat, but they are. A great way to use your zucchini bounty.
If you still have a few zucchini tucked in the back of your fridge or freezer, now is the time to take them out and use it. This muffin will leave you with no guilt when your child asks for seconds or thirds. My kids like these muffins so much, seldom do they even make it past the second day.
These gluten free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins are such a hit, in fact, that my son actually asked if he could bring them to school as the treat for his class on his birthday this year. Yep, that good! These muffins have worked their way into my favourite “Top 5 Muffins”. Give them a try, I think you’ll love them too.
To peel the zucchini or not?
If you are using young, garden-grown zucchini, there is no reason to remove the peel before shredding the zucchini. However, if you have little detectives that may wonder what the green flecks are, you may want to remove the peel. If you are using a store-bought zucchini, which has been sprayed to extend the shelf life, or a large garden-grown zucchini, you will want to peel the zucchini before using, as the skin can be tough.
Baked these gluten free Double Chocolate Zucchini Muffins, but still have more zucchini to use? Try these recipes:
- Gluten Free Zucchini Bread
- Double Chocolate Zucchini Cake Brownies (gluten, egg, and dairy free)
- Paleo Chocolate Zucchini Bread
- Gluten Free Zucchini Cake
- 3/4 cup (90 g) certified gluten free oat flour
- 1/4 cup (30 g) cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (31 g) tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) ground cinnamon OR espresso powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) salt
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) melted coconut oil
- 1/4 cup (55 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) milk
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) unsweetened apple sauce
- 2 large eggs, room temperature
- 2 teaspoons (10 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (250 ml) shredded zucchini, packed
- 1/2 cup (95 g) gluten free mini chocolate chips
- Gluten Free Double Chocolate Peanut Butter Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Raisin Bran Muffins
- Gluten Free Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Pizza Muffins