Homemade ‘Magic Shell’ Ice Cream Topping

Why pay the high prices at the grocery store when you can make your own hardening chocolate ice cream topping at home. It only takes a few minutes, with ingredients that you already have on hand. A nice little treat for those hot summer nights. This amount made enough to top 4 ice creams for my family, with a wee bit left over. If you do not use it all right away, you can store it in a microwave safe container and carefully reheat it another time.

Comments

Sometimes simple is good, eh? :) I couldn’t believe how easy this was either. I used Milk Chocolate chips, and to me, it tasted just like the stuff you pay big bucks for at the grocery store. Give it a try, you won’t be disappointed! :)

2. Susan says

I’m going to try that one..don’t always have it at home and this is so easy to make. Thanks Jeanine..you can come for ice cream anytime :-}

3. Colleen says

Two ingredients?! Now THAT’S wonderful! We’ll be trying this one soon.

Glad to hear you finally got to pick your strawberries, Jeanine! I can’t wait to see what you do with them…

Send some of that cool air our way! We’re melting!

4. Dawn says

After I stock up on ice cream today, I’ll be making this. Although I’m confused when you say if you have any leftover to store it in the fridge. It’s chocolate, why would you have leftovers? You can NEVER have enough chocolate! lol We’ll definately have to get together for ice cream over the summer Jeanine, and maybe a little bit of shopping too 😉

5. Stephanie says

My family THANKS you for this wonderful recipe! I thank you too for saving my lots and lots of $$$ !

This is great!
    Have a good Thursday,
    Stephanie

6. Theresa P. says

WOW!!!!!!!!!! I am amazed!!!! you are a wizzard in the kitchen. i have surfed alot of sites and you see alot of the same recipes. but yours is different. my hand is cramping from writting down recipes that i want to try from your site. like i said before this is my first time to your site. I like what i see i will be back. Thanks,for the great sounding recipes. Theresa P.