This healthy baked Pumpkin Oatmeal was actually a whole family pleaser, with the kids actually bargaining (we try to do that instead of arguing) over who was going to have the last piece for breakfast the next day.
We like to bake our oatmeal ahead of time, and re-heat it in the morning, but you can also mix it up the day before and just popped in the oven in the morning. Either way you will have a nice warm, hearty and healthy breakfast.
This baked Pumpkin Oatmeal is sweetened with natural maple syrup, and contains no oils or butter. The pumpkin puree is enough to add the moisture you need.
Feel free to omit the pecans or walnuts if you want it to be nut free. You can make the recipe your own – Try adding dried cranberries or sunflower seeds to change things up a bit.
Love Baked Pumpkin Oatmeal? Here are a few more make-ahead breakfast ideas:
- Sheet Pan Eggs
- Make-Ahead Baked French Toast
- Gluten Free Sheet Pan Pancakes
- Smoked Salmon and Veggie Frittata
- Overnight Holiday Breakfast Casserole
Side Note: Now, I know, not all of you can eat oats, even if they are gluten free. However, a number of us can tolerate them without any problems. Just make sure your oats are labeled “Gluten Free” on the package. If you’re unsure, please talk to your doctor about it.
- 2/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1/2 cup pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 1/3 cup maple syrup
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups certified gluten free oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans or walnuts (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly grease an 8x8-inch square baking pan. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together all the wet ingredients.
- Stir in the dry ingredients.
- Pour into the lightly greased baking sheet and bake in preheated oven for 30-35 minutes. Let sit for 5 minutes before serving. This would be great topped with some ice cream or whipped cream too.
Images updated October 2018.