The heat is returning to Manitoba! This weekend they are predicting temperatures to reach 34 degrees C, which is about 93 degrees F. After having a nearly a month of cool, below seasonal temperatures, I’m sure not going to complain. These Salted Caramel White Chocolate Pudding Pops are the perfect treat to help keep a person cool. And they are so easy to prepare, you can get the kids to help. With the use of an instant pudding packet, you don’t even need to turn on an element, or use the microwave. That simple!
The key ingredient in these super simple popsicles is the Salted Caramel Sauce. I always make a batch of Salted Caramel Sauce using THIS recipe from Brown Eyed Baker. If you’ve never tried making caramel sauce before – you should now. It is really simple and quick to make, you just have to watch it carefully – so no playing Candy Crush while the sugar is melting. This is the same caramel sauce that I’ve made for teacher’s gifts at the end of the school year. It can be used over ice cream or cake, or even eaten by the spoonful. 😉 If you really don’t want to make this homemade salted caramel sauce, use 3 tablespoons of store-bought caramel sauce with 1/4 teaspoon salt stirred in. It won’t be the same, but will work.
Salted Caramel White Chocolate Pudding Pops
Quick and easy popsicles made using instant pudding mix. Most Jell-o brand instant pudding mixes do not contain any gluten. Always read the labels.
- 1 (4 ounce) package white chocolate instant pudding mix
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 3 cups milk
- 1/4 cup Salted Caramel Sauce
- In a large measuring cup, whisk together the first 3 ingredients for 3-5 minutes.
- Pour out 1 cup of the mixture, and stir the caramel sauce into that 1 cup.
- If you let the pudding mixture sit, it begins to get thicker. Waiting about 10 minutes before pouring it into the popsicle molds will help you get nice layers.
- Pour half the white chocolate pudding mixture into the molds. Top with the salted caramel mixture, then the remaining white chocolate mixture.
- Insert sticks into molds and freeze for 5 hours, or overnight.
- Run molds briefly under hot water to release pops.
Looking for other quick treats to help keep you cool? How about:
- Strawberry Rhubarb Pops
- Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Popsicles
- Frosty Philly Mocha
- Frozen Raspberry Lemonade
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Shirley @ gfe & All Gluten-Free Desserts says
Just say Salted Caramel and I am there!! These look fabulous, Jeanine! 🙂
Jeanine Friesen says
Thanks, Shirley! I LOVE salted caramel too!
These look so lovely, and they sound great for the summer heat.
Jeanine Friesen says
Thanks, Carol! Thanks for popping by! 🙂