As soon as the first leaf hits the ground, it’s time to grab a mug filled with something sweet, warm, and spicy. This White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte is just that – sweet melted white chocolate chips and creamy milk, infused with cinnamon, nutmeg, cloves & ginger are blended with shot of strong coffee. The perfect autumn afternoon pick me up.
Even if I’m still fully enjoying the summer weather, like most of North America, I get a little excited when the coffee shops roll out all of their pumpkin spice drinks and eats. For us in Manitoba, September is usually the beginning of sweater weather anyway, so it’s not really that early here.
A few years ago, I heard about a Cinderella Latte drink that people were ordering at Starbucks. To order a Cinderella Latte, you order a pumpkin spice latte, but substitute half of the pumps of flavour with white mocha. That is the only way I will order the famous PSL now. If you haven’t tried it yet, you should.
This recipe for White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte is my way of enjoying a Cinderalla latte at home using only 5 ingredients. One of those is actual pumpkin puree. You won’t find that at Starbies!
You only need 5 ingredients to enjoy a White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte at home. Milk of your choice, gluten free white chocolate chips, pumpkin puree, pumpkin spice tea bags, and some strong brewed coffee.
How to make White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Lattes:
Add the milk, white chocolate chips, pumpkin puree, and pumpkin pie tea bags to a sauce pan over medium-low heat. Stir constantly, until the white chocolate chips are melted, and the milk is infused with the spicy flavours from the tea bags.
Stir in the hot, strong coffee. Divide between two of your favourite fall mugs. You can enjoy the beverage as is, or top with milk foam or whipped cream, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon.
Some notes about the recipe:
- You can use whatever gluten free milk you choose. If you prefer to use a gluten free oat milk, or an almond milk, that should work just fine.
- Wondering which tea bags to use? Stash has a decaf pumpkin spice tea, as does Celestial Seasonings. If you can’t find a pumpkin spice tea, you can use a chai tea (spices are similar), or even a gingerbread tea.
- You can use your favorite bold brew coffee. I like making a small cup of coffee with my Keurig for recipes like this, so I’m not wasting a whole pot of coffee.
More gluten free recipes that will satisfy your pumpkin cravings:
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Scones
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cheesecake
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Roll Cake
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Bars with Cream Cheese Frosting
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cookies
- Gluten Free Pumpkin Cream Cheese Muffins
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe:
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte
White Chocolate Pumpkin Spice Latte - melted white chocolate chips & milk, infused with cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger are blended with shot of strong coffee.
- 2 cups milk (of your choice)
- 1/3 cup gluten free white chocolate chips
- 2 Tablespoons pure pumpkin puree (not pie filling)
- 2 pumpkin spice tea bags (see notes)
- 1/2 cup strong brewed coffee
- Place the milk, white chocolate chips, pumpkin puree and tea bags in a small saucepan over medium-low heat.
- Continue stirring the milk mixture to make sure the white chocolate chips melt completely, and are mixed with the milk.
- Simmer for about 5 minutes, until the milk is steaming and the mixture is fragrant.
- Divide the milk mixture between two mugs. Top with frothed milk or whipped cream, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if you wish. Enjoy!
Stash has a decaf pumpkin spice tea, as does Celestial Seasonings. If you can't find a pumpkin spice tea, you can use a chai tea (spices are similar), or even a gingerbread tea.
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Celestial Seasonings Black Tea, Sweet Harvest Pumpkin, Contains Caffeine, 18 Count (Pack of 6)
Decaffeinated Tea-Pumpkin Spice - 18 - Bag
White Chocolate Mini Baking Chips by Enjoy Life | 9 Ounce | Pack of 3
Ghirardelli Classic White Chocolate Chip, 11 oz, 2 pk
Secura Milk Frother, Electric Milk Steamer Stainless Steel, 16.9oz/500ml Automatic Hot and Cold Foam Maker and Milk Warmer for Latte, Cappuccinos, Macchiato, 120V
Sweet Water Decor Fall Coffee Mugs | Seasonal 16oz Ceramic Campfire Coffee Cup | Microwave & Dishwasher Safe Autumn Mug Great for Halloween, Pumpkin Spice Lattes & Thanksgiving (Hello Fall)
Leave a Reply