Gluten-Free Brownies

No one should be denied brownies, not even those with celiacs or a gluten-intolerance. So, here to the rescue is a gluten-free brownies recipe.

This bite’s for you!

Comments

1. Iris says

I am not kidding when I say that JUST THIS MORNING I was thinking that I needed a good gluten free brownie recipe. It’s like you read my mind!
    I have to keep running just to combat the consequences of your great recipes! (A problem I am happy to have!)

Iris, you are so funny! I’ll keep ya running girl! :) What are ya gonna do in winter?? Do you still run then?
    I thought I had to find brownies too, all the recipes I found were just using a box of pre-mixed brownie mix. Nah-ah, not here! 😉 Hope you guys enjoy them! Let me know your favorite add-ins!

3. Iris says

Yes, I try to run all winter. Not easy. So hard to get motivated when it’s dark and cold. But-with recipes like I find here-I’ll have the motivation!

4. Alexa says

Thanks for posting this. I made brownies yesterday but they were too caky for me. I’ll have to try this recipe to enjoy some good, dense, rich, and yummy brownies.

5. Paula says

Oh excellent timing! I need to prepare something for my children’s birthdays, and one of my babe’s needs g/f food! I’ll go check out the recipe! Thanks!

Oh shoot, you're right! that website seems to have closed it's doors. I will be digging through my recipe collection to find this one,and then I will update it. Thanks for letting me know!

Oh no!! I'm SO sorry!! I just added the recipe last week, as it was linked to another site, and had a typo. There is 1 cup of sugar in this recipe. Again, so sorry! If you get a chance, please try them again, they really are good.

8. Anonymous says

I love all your recipes they are the only thing that keeps me going.
    I have only been GF for just over a year now and the one thing i miss the most is a good pork pie, i you could find a good recipe for them i would be over the moon.

Thanks
    Steve

9. NA says

Okay…so I kins sorta had to make a few changes because I had only other stuff on hand and was in a hurry, and here's how it went: I subbed in some of the Featherweight Flour mix for the rice flour and ground walnuts for almonds, then I decided to use 4 squares of baking chocolate plus enough semi-sweet chips to make up another square. I also used half white and half brown sugar.

The result? Moist, fudgy, yummy brownies that were so good we took them to a tree trimming party and NO ONE KNEW THE DIFFERENCE. They just munched them down happily and took some home. Fantastic! These were better than the Betty Crocker Gluten Free brownie mix we tried recently and CHEAPER.

One key — Do not overbake ANY fudge brownie.

THANK YOU and YUMMMMMMMMMMMM!

Steve, I've never made a pork pie, but there is a recipe around here (click on Our Recipes up top) for pie crust dough. very simple & delicious, that would be a good start on that pie. 😉

NA, so glad to hear that your brownies turned out great. I agree, never overbake any fudge type brownie. That just spoils it. 😉

11. Keesha says

Hubby was craving brownies today, so he came to your site and found this recipe. So glad he did–they are easy and delicious!

12. Andrea says

I tried these brownies last week and they were GREAT. Using margarine means they are dairy-free as well, and I needed a GF DF dessert for a birthday party. I doubled the recipe and used a 9×13 pan, which was perfect. I did find them a bit salty, so next time I’d reduce the salt and/or try using unsalted butter (we don’t need to be dairy-free normally).

This is really interesting, You’re a very skilled blogger.
    I have joined your feed and look forward to seeking more of your wonderful post.
    Also, I have shared your site in my social networks!

14. Heather says

Wow!! This is my new favourite recipe on your blog. Made them yesterday for company, doubled the recipe for a 9×13 pan, used half brown sugar and half white. They were fantastic! Leftovers today, still fantastic! I put one in the freezer overnight just to see if they freeze well – yes they do, still fantastic after freezing! I never told the guests that they were GF – you certainly would never know. Thanks so much for another great recipe, Jeanine!

So glad that you’ve got another favourite, Heather! Brownies are so good, and easy to make, there’s no reason to buy a boxed mix for them. 😉 Way to go on the testing too, glad to hear they freeze well (mine don’t usually last that long). 😉