Mmm…apples, cinnamon and oatmeal. The perfect combination for a great, hearty and healthy breakfast. I like making sure my kids have a good breakfast before heading out the door, and this Gluten-Free Baked Apple Oatmeal definitely fits that bill. They both really like the baked oatmeal, and I love that I can bake it the day before, and just re-heat their pieces, topped with milk, in the microwave the next morning. Truly faster than those little packets of instant oatmeal, and WAY better for you too. My kids liked theirs topped with a squiggle of caramel sauce. YUM!
Side Note: Now, I know, not all of you can eat oats, even if they are gluten-free. However, a number of us can tolerate them without any problems. Just make sure your oats are labeled “Gluten-Free” on the package. If you’re unsure, please talk to your doctor about it.
- 1/2 cup unsweetened apple sauce
- 1 large egg
- 1/3 cup maple syrup or brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup milk of your choice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups gluten-free old-fashioned oats
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 chopped or shredded apple of your choice
- 1/2 cup chopped pecans (optional)
Check out our other baked oatmeal recipe: Pumpkin Crunch Baked Oatmeal
Disclaimer: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.