These Gluten Free Strawberry Banana Muffins won’t leave you feeling deprived. A banana muffin studded with sweet juicy strawberries is sure to please.
One can never have too many muffin recipes. Muffins are the perfect hand-held, on-the-go food. Whether it’s for a quick breakfast, a snack for when you’re running errands, or even a little something to pack into the lunch kits, muffins are the way to go. Plus, they freeze beautifully, so you simply take out what you need, leaving the rest in the freezer until a later day.
These muffins get their moisture from the banana, but the sour cream (or yogurt, if you chose that option) also helps to add moisture to baked goods. If you can not tolerate dairy, I would suggest using a dairy-free sour cream.
- 1 cup (130 g) sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (80 g) brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup (110 g) brown sugar
- 1/4 cup (30 g) tapioca starch
- 2 teaspoons (8 g) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon (5 g) baking soda
- 1 teaspoon (2.5 g) ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon (4 g) xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon (3 g) salt
- 1 cup (250 ml) mashed banana (about 3 medium bananas)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sour cream (or plain yogurt)
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) pure vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) chopped strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a 12 cup muffin tin. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the sorghum flour, rice flour, brown sugar, tapioca starch, baking powder, baking soda, cinnamon, xanthan gum, and salt. Set aside.
- In another bowl, whisk together the mashed banana, sour cream, eggs, and oil.
- Pour the wet ingredients into the dry ingredients, and stir to combine. Gently fold in the chopped strawberries.
- Divide the batter between the 12 muffin cups, and bake in the preheated oven for 20-25 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the middle of a muffin comes out clean.
- Allow the muffins to cool for 5 minutes before you remove them from the muffin tin and place them on a wire cooling rack. Cool completely before storing in an airtight container.
Disclosure: This post contains affiliate links. If you make a purchase using these links – your cost remains the same, but I earn a small percentage to help support this blog. Thank you!