We have this wonderful little summer-time restaurant where I live called “The Ice Cream Hut”. It’s a small privately owned business that is only open spring, summer & fall and has great burgers, fries & ice cream. My Mom has found a recipe that is very similar to the taco fries that we can get at “The Hut”. I hope your family enjoys this cheesy, spicy way to have their fries as much as ours do! 🙂
- 1 package gluten-free frozen french fries (enough to cover cookie sheet)
- 1-1 1/4 lbs. lean ground beef
- 1 package gluten free taco seasoning
- 1 tbsp gluten-free beef bouillon powder
- 2 Tbsp cornstarch
- 2 cups water
- shredded cheddar cheese
- salsa & sour cream (opt)
- Bake french fries according to package directions. Meanwhile brown ground beef.
- Once it is browned, drain it, and add taco seasoning, cornstarch and bouillon powder. Stir and add water. Simmer until thickened.
- When fries are done top with beef mixture and cheese. Let cheese melt. Serve with sour cream and/or salsa.