These Easy and Decadent Truffles are SOOO good! I made them last year, but don’t remember them being as good as they are this year. Maybe that’s because this year, instead of vanilla, I used maple flavouring. Wow! Delicious! These truffles are easy to make, and are melt-in-your-mouth good! Let me know what flavour combinations you come up with!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 cups confectioners' sugar, sifted
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips, melted
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla (or other flavouring, maple is really good)
- In a large bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth. Gradually beat in confectioners' sugar until well blended. Stir in melted chocolate and vanilla until no streaks remain. Refrigerate for about 1 hour. Shape into 1 inch balls.
- You can roll your truffles in chopped nuts, icing sugar, cocoa powder, candy sprinkles, coconut or leave them plain. I decided to try dipping mine in chocolate, and that worked great.
- I melted 1 cup of milk chocolate chips with 1 tsp vegetable shortening. After freezing the shaped truffles for a while, I used a fork & dipped them into the melted chocolate. After shaking off the excess chocolate, I placed them on a wax paper lined baking sheet, sprinkled with chopped pecans, and let sit until hardened. Truffles can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge.