We have more cookie baking going on here! Have you begun your holiday baking, or organizing your baking yet? Here is another cookie that is simple to make, but the flavour is amazing, Gluten-Free Pumpkin Snickerdoodles. Yum!!
Yields approximately 40 cookies
- 1/2 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup pumpkin puree
- 1 large egg
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 2 cups all-purpose gluten-free flour (see Note)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 1 tsp baking powder
- pinch salt
- 1/4 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tsp pumpkin pie spice
NOTE: 4 cups superfine brown rice flour, 1 1/3 cups potato starch (not flour), 2/3 cup tapioca starch. Combine all ingredients in a large zipper-top bag. Shake until well blended.
- In a stand mixer, fitted with a paddle attachment, beat the butter and 3/4 cup granulated sugar until light and fluffy. Add the pumpkin puree, egg and vanilla and beat until well mixed, scrape down the bowl and mix again.
- In a separate mixing bowl, whisk together the gluten-free flour, xanthan gum, baking powder, salt and ground cinnamon.
- With the mixer running on low, slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients. Mix until well combined. Chill dough for 1 hour.
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees F and line your baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a small bowl, stir together the 1/2 cup granulated sugar and the pumpkin pie spice.
- Scoop dough into 1-inch balls (I use my small cookie scoop for this) and roll dough in the sugar/pumpkin pie mixture. Place cookies on prepared baking sheets, leaving about 2-inches between cookies, leaving room for the cookies to spread. Lightly press down on the tops of the cookies with the bottom of a drinking glass.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 10-14 minutes, or until the cookies are just starting to get lightly brown.
- Allow to cool on the pan for 5 minutes, before transferring to a cooling rack. Store in airtight containers once they are fully cooled.