Making Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes from scratch isn’t difficult. Whip up a batch of these gluten free fluffy pancakes in minutes. Once you’ve had them, prepackaged pancake mixes will be a thing of the past.
I tend to get into a routine and just continue with it. Some may call it getting “stuck in a rut”, but if it’s not something bad – is it really a rut? Sunday morning pancakes are part of our weekend routine. I like to have brunch with pancakes, maple syrup, fresh local cheese curds, fresh seasonal fruit, and whatever else I can find.
This may be kind of selfish, because I’ve figured out that if I feed my family brunch, I don’t need to feed them again until supper. Bonus – only two meals to cook instead of three!
Tips to make the perfect Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes:
- Before you commit to a pan full of pancakes, cook only 1 pancake. This will help you determine if your frying pan/griddle is the right temperature.
- If your pancakes are pale in colour, yet there are bubbles staying on the surface, your frying pan temperature is too low. Turn the heat up a bit, wait a few minutes, and try again.
- If your pancakes are dark golden brown, yet there are NO bubbles staying on the surface yet, your frying pan temperature is too high. Turn the heat down, wait a few minutes, and try again.
- Although I often substitute buttermilk with the milk/lemon juice mixture, with these pancakes I think you should go ahead and buy real buttermilk. The homemade substitute isn’t as thick and tangy as store-bought buttermilk, so the consistency won’t be the same if you use a substitute.
Alternate toppings for your Light and Fluffy Gluten Free Buttermilk Pancakes:
- Brown Sugar Butter Syrup
- Homemade Blueberry Syrup with Honey
- Sweet Cherry Pie Filling
- Summer Berry Sauce
- Roasted Raspberries and Blueberries with Vanilla Bean
- Vanilla Butter Syrup
Looking for more gluten free pancake recipes? How about:
- Easy Gluten Free Pumpkin Pancakes
- Gluten Free Apple Puff Pancakes
- Fluffy Gluten Free Blueberry Pancakes
Light and Fluffy Buttermilk Pancakes recipe:
Adapted from Divas Can Cook Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.
Adapted from Divas Can Cook
Disclosure: We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.