This is my first gluten-free Christmas. I remember how sick I felt last Christmas, so I am looking forward to enjoying this one. Between now and Christmas I will try to post a variety of different baked goods & sweets.
This recipe for gluten-free Chocolate Crinkle Cookies comes from a gluten free blog that I have just recently become a fan of. It is from Hey That Tastes Good, where you can find a variety of gluten-free recipes.
Now, onto the recipe! These cookies are delicious. They have a great texture, they store wonderfully, and well, everyone will love them. Trust me. Just don’t inhale while eating a cookie that is rolled in confectioner’s sugar…it can be hazardous to your health. 😉
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 4 squares unsweetened chocolate, melted (or 4 tablespoons cocoa mixed with 12 tablespoons melted butter)
- 2 cups granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups rice flour mix *See Note
- 1/2 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- confectioner ' (icing) sugar for rolling
- Mix oil, chocolate, and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing thoroughly between each. Add vanilla.
- Sift dry ingredients together. Stir into chocolate mixture. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Form dough into balls and roll in confectioner's sugar to coat.
- Place about 2" apart on parchment lined baking sheets. Bake about 10-14 minutes.
Source: Hey That Tastes Good